Friday, September 16, 2011

Heart in a cage

When I'm alone in my art room I get into this groove... the music blaring, sage burning, candles lit. I get lost in my thoughts, emotions and my surrounding.
It's no secret that the past year has been pretty hard for me emotionally and mentally. I thought I would never resurface from the darkness and pain that held me under. Never thought I would see the light of life and be able to breathe again. Hiding how I felt only made me an angry and unpleasant person to be around. I hated it, it wasn't me, I needed to change. I had to snap out of it, stay strong for myself and to carry on and look forward to what the future had in store for me. I know I'm not ready to let anyone into my heart or my life... honestly, I enjoy being alone, there is no chance of getting hurt. I want to keep my heart under lock and key, I want my heart just for me. Tonight I started working on a piece of art that is very personal. I'm grateful to have the ability to use painting as an outlet for my emotions, it's like my life's journal, each piece is apart of me

If I keep my heart in a cage... there's no chance of future pain...there will be sun...no more rain.-Red



No comments:

Post a Comment