Friday, September 2, 2011

Do 4 day weekends count for artists? :P

So everyone is talking about their plans for this 4 day weekend and I can't help but wonder..do these types of holidays count for a self-professed artist? Do i lounge around and hit up BBQ's or go to the lake? lol 
Well this 4 day, Labor Day weekend I will be laboring away in my art room, attempting to finish this 4'x4' piece of art. I've changed this "Red Headed Sinner" about 10 times, I just couldn't get the face right, then when I got the face, I hated the hair, then the background was too dull....ugh. This has been quite a process, and ya know what, I love every moment of it! There is no one expecting anything out of me, but me. 
So back to the painting...her face is going to have Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) makeup on and I plan on adding a lot of lil extras all over. This has been an idea in the making for a really long time so I'm glad my mind is ready to finish. Ill post more this weekend to show you the process. When I'm done ill let you in on the whole story behind it ;)
Have a great weekend everyone!
-Red
 

No comments:

Post a Comment